How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 19647
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have received a letter from cap debt centre trafo afford

Customer Question

Hello I have received a letter from cap debt centre trafo afford saying I owe 4632.09 in tax credits which I ha ent claimed for over 10 years this letter has come out the blue I have had no phone call from them or previous letter s from them I have tried phoning them but keep getting cut o f by them a and I don't no what to do they are taking of my wages I don't even no how much they are taking of
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wakefield West Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have tried ringing them several times e-mail them
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't understand why they ha vs said I owe all this because I went to debt management to pay overpayments i
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

If it is tax credits from 10 years ago you can ignore it.

They had 6 years to make a claim from date of overpayment.

So as its been 10 years, they are 4 years out of time.

No need to respond to the letter.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
How can I stop them from deductioning it of my wages
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

They can not - they need a Court order.

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What if they do what can I do about it and how can I get help with it
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

They can't do anything without a Court order.

To get a Court order you would be notified.

I hope that assists