How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 664
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

I need help with HMRC, Leicester, Barwell UK, Its in

Customer Question

Good Day
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I need help with HMRC
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leicester, Barwell UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Its in regarding to Child Benifit and high income charges
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am from South Africa and do not know all about HMRC.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 20 days ago.
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you clarify your question so that I can best advise you?
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 19 days ago.

Can you provide further information so that I can advsie you?

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 19 days ago.

Good morning, you may have to pay a tax charge, known as the ‘High Income Child Benefit Charge’, either parents individual exceeds £50,000 and either:

  • you or your partner get Child Benefit

  • someone else gets Child Benefit for a child living with you and they contribute at least an equal amount towards the child’s upkeep

If this is the case, then you can choose to either:

  • stop getting Child Benefit - sometimes known as ‘opting out’

  • carry on getting Child Benefit and pay any tax charge at the end of each tax year

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.