Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Can the city council use PIP Benefit to top up a finacal

Customer Question

Hi, Can the city council use PIP Benefit to top up a finacal assessment carried out by the city council finacil team, when aessess a persons income.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Stoke-on-trent
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: the only steps is to ask if it is Legal? no reply yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: this has come about as my Grandson who has S/Needs and was hoping to go to a local garden worshop once a week. But I have withdrawn Luke.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Sorry do you mean can they include PIP as part of his income when assessing his finances?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Yes they can include it as it is part of his income and therefore relevant when determining financial needs. I trust this assists