Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have a victimisation, harassment and discrimination case

Customer Question

I have a victimisation, harassment and discrimination case at the pre-hearing stage at the Employment tribunal and I need representation please.
JA: Was harassment at work discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Discussed with a manager initially
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: employees and unionised employees. Am employed by Highland Council as a teacher
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: How does the system work?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

As a basic chat service, all I can do is provide you with a general answer. I am unable to provide representation unfortunately. Would you like to proceed on this basis?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No. Thank you very much.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Ok no problem, I will give you a basic answer anyway, which could be of use.

If you want legal representation, there are a few ways to try and get that:

You can instruct a lawyer yourself directly and cover their costs yourself. This is a rather expensive option because hiring a lawyer is not cheap and you will also not recover these from the other side, even if you win.

If you are a member of a trade union, you can potentially get help from them, including legal representation but that would depend on the terms of membership and also if they consider the claim has reasonable prospects of success.

There are also limited options of getting pro bono representation, such as through the Free Representation Unit: https://www.thefru.org.uk/. It is best to contact them to see if that is an option here

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for the advice.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best