Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Bought a used caravan from a dealer. less than 100 miles

Customer Question

bought a used caravan from a dealer. less than 100 miles after purchase, offside wheel came off while being towed. I suspect the retaining studs had not been fully tightened. Some very obvious damage but will need a proper inspection.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i live in scotland but the purchase and incident are both in ENGLAND.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothingas yet...
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: at the moment i am making initial enquiries on behalf of my daughter who has purchased the caravan. sge is at present in Edinburgh, the caravan has been taken on a trailer to Carlisle, and i am in Shetland.non of which helps.
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

The Consumers Rights Act states that where goods sold that are not of satisfactory quality then the buyer can exercise a number of remedies available.

The remedies such as refund, repairs at no costs, replacement are available.

Do you understand what I have stated so far? if yes I will proceed to discuss the next step.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Discontinue conversation

Thanks for the further info.

In view of the law it appears your consumer rights have been contravened and i suggest you write to the seller reminding them of your rights and wish to exercise one of the remedies under the law.

Assuming the sellers does not accept your proposal i suggest you instruct a lawyer to assist in bring a claim in courts against the seller.

I hope i have clarified the position.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. My daughter had in fact advised the seller. The caravan was insured through the caravan club and is has already been delivered to a repairer. The insurer will be informed of the circumstances and will be in touch with the sell.
Thank you for your courteous reply.G. C. Smith.
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 15 days ago.

Ok thanks and stay safe.