james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

On jan 2021 I booked a airline ticket through edreams

Customer Question

On jan 2021 I booked a airline ticket through edreams website and flights has been cancelled but I haven’t got refund and tried to reach them but couldn’t It’s been six months sorry more than 9months
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newcastle upon tyne
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I done chatting with agent they it gonna take 1 or 2 weeks but I couldn’t reach them since 3 months
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: that’s it
Expert:  james bruce replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

How much was the cost and how did you pay?

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Unfortunately, without the additional information requested in my first/previous response, I will not be able to give you detailed advice to your question, but I will be able to give you a general answer, which I hope will be of assistance. If you are able to supply the additional information later, please do so and I will then come back to you with a more detailed answer.

If the cost of the ticket was more than £100 and you paid with a credit card, then you can claim against the card company under s.75 consumer credit act 1974. You would need to contact the card provider and advise them you wish to make a claim.

If you did not pay with a credit card then as you have been waiting so long, I would advise that you send the company a letter before claim, seeking your money or face court action. Give them14-28 days to pay and if they don’t, start a claim against them at court. That can be done online with the following link.

Https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

I have attached a template letter that can be used.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.