Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Paid in full for 3 day mini cruise wiv travel we needed to

Customer Question

Paid in full for 3 day mini cruise wiv hayes travel we needed to transfer it pno said we cud but hayes travel said no, horrible manager he said we haven't paid and lied about every thing
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Wolverhampton west midlands England, pno said send in how we paid i sent all detIls to say we paid in full, but hayes travel said we cancelled, no show n not paid
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just email pno and waiting for a transfer but its very hard to speak to them as wen u do get through th said tha would transfer it over then wen u speak wiv them again tha dont any thing about this it was alittle trip my friend has recovered from cancer and i hav had a blocked heart valve we really needed this little break n tha hav made it a nightmare wiv there constant lies its been hell we just needed it changing to september but the manager at hays tra el said no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I booked and paid in full balance of £898 over phone bank transfer, we was only going to devon we didnt know we needed a passport tha told us to get fastracked tha should hav transfered it to september but would not let us they told pno that we didnt pay thats why tha cancelled tha are doing this to a lot of vulnerable people and using any excuse to take customers money its terrible we are so upset on a daily basis n just want this sorting out
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

What is your specific query in relation to this please? and how did you make the payment?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
PnO have said to send in all details that we paid the balance in Full and they would Transfer us on the next Cruise as theres 3 other dates in September, they also said that we ccould hav changed the date and Transfer the date over to September but That Rob the Manager at w.ton branch of Hayes Travel kept telling us No n that we couldnt, All the Reviews hav been really bad has tha hav taken what should hav been a little break for us as my friend and i hav had Cancer and i hav had a blocked heart valve the stress of all this as its hard contacting them as soon as tha hav ur money they just dont want to know we hav paid over the phone by bank transfer £898 for 3 day mini Cruise to Devon, the Manager has been absolutely vile and talks to customers terrible we only needed it Transfering over
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

As this is an internal matter which only the company can resolve, your only options are to continue trying to do so with them and escalate this as high as needed until it is done. I appreciate you have already tried to do so but no other organisation will resolve this for them at this stage and you have to keep persevering until you get the outcome you desire.

You can only involve other parties if you end up losing money from this, such as you are unable to travel because they have unreasonably refused to make the changes. That is when you can consider a potential claim for compensation against them.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can potentially do so by making a court claim. However, as legal action should only be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without the need to involve the courts. It is therefore recommended that the following steps are taken in order to try and resolve this:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time – 14 days is reasonable. They should be advised that if they fail to make contact to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for compensation. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this without the need for legal action. There are numerous templates available online for such letters and a simple search will bring up a list of useful results.

3. If the letter before action is also ignored, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome. There will be a fee payable, which depends on the amount that is claimed. The other side will eventually get a copy of the claim and they will have a limited time to answer it. They could accept it and pay what is owed, they could accept it only in part and defend the rest, or they could outright reject it. They could also completely ignore it, in which case judgment will eventually be entered automatically against them. Also, it is worth noting that the simple act of submitting a claim could show the other side that this is being taken seriously and prompt them to consider negotiating a potential solution to stop the claim progressing further, such as offering full or partial payment of the amount sought in the claim.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hello, following my main response above, I just wanted to check that everything was clear. If you have any further queries about this issue, you can reply to me at any time on this portal and I will be happy to help. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been resolved to your satisfaction and your original question has been dealt with. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.