How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4903
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Can I get a lawyer to just represent in court? Like for just

Customer Question

Can I get a lawyer to just represent in court? Like for just a day in court?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've done mediation but the respondent who is my wife did not attend it
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have filled the court order form but I have not posted it it. My children were abduction by my wife to Africa.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

What type of proceedings are you trying to start? Have you already applied and have a hearing date?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
It is a child abduction case. My wife took my children to Africa without my permission since 2019 and hasn't returned them since then. I have filled the court order form but I have not sent it to the court yet. The children are in risk of being victims of FGM.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

You can certainly instruct either a solicitor or a direct access barrister to represent you at such a hearing. If you are instructing a solicitor you simply tell them that you only want representation for the hearing - a lot of solicitors do not do representation in isolation, so you have to ask and make clear that you do not want to fully instruct them to take conduct of the whole case.

The alternative, and probably preferable for you, is to instruct a direct access barrister. You will need to prepare all the paperwork yourself, including the trial bundle, and then instruct the barrister to appear at the hearing. You can find them here:

You can find solicitors here:

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I want to cancel the phone conversation booking as I did it by mistake. I thought the £5 covers it as I haven't got an answer for what I paid the £5 for.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 13 days ago.

You have indeed got an answer, see above.