RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

Just wanted to know when you write the witness statement

Customer Question

Just wanted to know when you write the witness statement before fact finding hearing do you have to mention that the other side statment for example paragraph 18 is incorrect after you responded to that paragraph. Thanks
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  The simple answer is yes, you can write the respondent/claimant  states .... (what they have said)...which is denied. then follow this with your position.  You will want to include everything you wish to be considered in evidence when making your statement.  I would advise going over this with a legal representative if possible.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am helping someone with statement who has ADHD and the he will have an intermediary assessment. We think he is not capable to be in the witness box as of his mentioned disorder. Will he be required still to do that. Many thanks
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

That is really up to the judge, he may be asked question as a witness but with assistance, it will really depend on a few different factors, however I would raise this issue with your representative.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry just wanted to know if these questions and answers are seen online as some of the information's are confidential.
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

People can see the questions and answers, they will not know your information.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
example in one of the paragraph below the witness statements should look like this when responding to the person who made the allegation. Is this correct?
10. At the time of Mother arriving in UK father was on state benefits (ESA and Personal Independence Payment) and the mother residency was on spouse visa. Mothers Biometric Residency Card stated mother was permitted to work but she was not able to claim any benefits. The mother’s states “Technically, I was not permitted to work, but knowing that the Applicant’s parents still sent me” in paragraph 2 is not correct. Please see attached biometric card as evidence.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Sorry I don't know if you received my previous question?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

open with "the applicant/defendant states at paragraph X....." followed with what you have written and this will be just fine.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Once the scott schedule, witness statement has been summited to the court by the responded and the applicant responds to them and submits these too to the court can these statement be changed or additional evidence be added ?
thanks
Expert:  RJM Law replied 16 days ago.

Additional evidence can be added yes, you will be given a date by the court by which all documentation must be disclosed to each party so that is the date you have to supply all statements and evidence.