How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3446
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Got a letter today saying I amin court, police done a blood

Customer Question

Got a letter today saying I amin court, police done a blood test which I didn't think anything would come back, had already done and passed roadside tests,I was lost really upset so they took me the station I agreed to blood test and I was asked did I won't my own sample to get independently tested, I said yes and was told pick one which I did, I was kept on all night I had a horrible time, I was told I had to wait to get interviewed which didn't happen and they did not give me my sample
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in runcorn but it was Northwich i was at the time
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only opened letter today this is the first step did not think anything would come back in blood test aspecially amphetamine, I have never drank or used d drugs, I had met someone and went to his house, I was going to stay but I felt really ill,wonted to go home I was sick for days I thought I might of been given something but not that, I bought drug test myself on advice from a friend it was two days later and nothing showed up,I I was shocked to open letter today, my work is at risk I use my car plus my son is disabled I need my car
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so I have never been in trouble with police never had a drink or drug problem do not have any medical problems, passed my test 25years ago, really worried
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for the information and I am sorry to hear about this matter.  Firstly, I would advise getting a defence solicitor, I will provide you with a useful link at the end.  From what you have told, I hope you have kept the test that you did yourself, as this may provide useful for evidence.  You solicitor will have to show the court that you did not willingly or knowingly drive a car while intoxicated.  If they can show this, or the prosecution cannot prove beyond reasonable doubt you were intoxicated whilst driving you will be found innocent.  However, if we deal with the other side and you were found guilty, the automatic sentence is a driving ban.  If you can show exceptional circumstances sometimes you can keep your licence.  However, these have to be "exceptional".  The fact you drive for a living and will lose your job as a result of losing your licence is simply not enough in order to keep your lic once, the court are very clear about this.  However, if you can show that your son would suffer and there are genuinely no alternatives to his transport (and the court WILL consider every alternative) then you may be able to show exceptional circumstances.  However, that is not for me to say.  In this case I would definitely recommend instructing a defence solicitor.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Why did I not get my independent sample which I requested
Expert:  RJM Law replied 14 days ago.

I think that is a matter your solicitor will require to raise, I'm afraid I cannot give an answer as to why this happened.