How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3478
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I am 11 years overstayer, my partner gave birth to my

Customer Question

I am 11 years overstayer , my partner gave birth to my daughter , what are the chances for me to get residency or visa
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  It is not good I am afraid, overstaying is actually a criminal offence unless  there is a legitimate reason.  However this is considered after 90 days, 11 years is obviously and excessive amount of time.  You will not be legally permitted to work in the UK and if caught doing so a court can impose a custodial sentence.   Therefore I would take this situation very seriously.   I would strongly advise looking at instructing a solicitor in order to look through you best options moving forward based on your personal circumstances.  If you apply for a visa you face exclusion and be refused re-entry to the UK for at least one year.  I would look at instructing a solicitor as soon as possible.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.