How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3482
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I'm student and I rented a house in Glaway and when I rented

Customer Question

Hi, I'm student and I rented a house in Glaway and when I rented the house was dirty and has many damages but I accepted it becouse it is near to the university. After 5 years, I gave it the house cleaner that I received it. Currently, the agency told me the land lady wants to sew the house, although when I received the house from the previous guy who was leaving the house she didn't see all the damages and now she wanted to hold the deposit
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Currently, I'm in Saudi Arabia but my issu I. Ireland... Galway
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: What do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I want my deposit She asked me to pay for damages in house
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Can I zoom with the lawyer I can explain to him more better than writing
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I want to do Zoom with the lawyer
Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for the information, unfortunately we do not offer zoom correspondence.  To deal with your issue.  As the property was damaged and dirty when you moved in you will hopefully have brought this to the attention of the landlord which would support your case.   However if that is not the case, and the landlord has not done an inventory when  you moved in, they will find it difficult to prove that you caused the damage.  From a legal standpoint, your deposit should be registered with a despot scheme.   If this is not the case the landlord can be fined.  If this is the case the deposit scheme have an arbitration service who will resolve this matter.  If they have not registered your deposit, and refuse to give it back then you can take legal action by way of the small claims process to obtain this back.

You can complete the forms for a claims action easily online.  You will have to highlight what the issues are and tell them how much you are claiming for, to be honest the first are straight forward and self-explanatory.   If you feel you can do this yourself then you don’t really need to hire a solicitor but I will provide details for you in case you feel you want to.  You will then receive a response to the claim and a court date.  On the day (unless they offer a settlement) you will appear at the local court and basically provide your evidence and give you claim to the judge and they will response.  The judge will assess the merits of the claim and defence and make a judgement this should be relatively easy for you to prove so the respondent may well offer a settlement in the meantime.

I hope this information has helped.  You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the  future,  please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.