JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

I have a query in relation to my late fathers pension,

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a query in relation to my late fathers pension
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: my father was in the process of getting a divorce before he passed away. His paperwork was with the court however his ex spouse has not returned her papers. They had been separated for over 10 years and living apart for more than 3 I’m aware that she will be entitled to a widows pension is there anything I can do to possibly dispute the widows pension and/or how much she is entitled to?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that’s is all thank you
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello how long will this take? ThankS.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 15 days ago.
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and financial matters so I'd be happy to offer some guidance.I'm afraid that, unless your father was actually divorced from his ex-spouse, she could make a claim for bereavement support payments (widows' pension). I appreciate this seems unfair, however, the rationale behind it is that his ex spouse may have claimed some of his pension as part of a divorce settlement.I trust that information helps. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. Kind regards, J
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
My pleasure.