12826847

I have to attend to the courd for the following charge

Customer Question

Hi,I have to attend to the courd for the following charge driving a motor vehicle when the proportion of a controlled drug namely delta-9-tetrahydrocannbiol in blood 2.9uh/L CCCJS code RT88584 ACPO 12.15.53.1 PNLD CODE H10926.It is at Liverpool Magistrates Court.Just wanted to know what to expect from this.Best Regards
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in West Midlands but the Court Case is at Liverpool
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to a solicitor and have been advised to plead guilty
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There is nothing else
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

What can I do for you?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Hello.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have to attend to court and have been charged with drug driving under the influence of Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabiol 2.9ug/L
CCCJS CODE RT88584
ACPO 13.15.53.1
PNLD CODE H10926
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

So what would you like to know?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I would like to know what could be the outcome of this ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Ok, do you have any previous please?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I only had points on my license but not previous charges or disqualification
Expert:  Jo C. replied 19 days ago.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Sorry about your position.

There are sentencing guidelines which you will find here

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/unfit-through-drink-or-drugs-drive-attempt-to-drive-revised-2017/

I'm afraid there is a mandatory disqualification though.  The courts have no discretion.  In this case it would be 12-16 months.

With drug driving there isn’t much you can do really except plead guilty, accept responsibility and apologise.  You can obviously emphasis the absence of any previous, any compelling reasons for driving at that time and the shortness of any distance driven at speed if indeed that is true.

I am sorry but I can only tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.