Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I work for a company on no contract due to a dispute I was

Customer Question

Hello I work for a company on no contract due to a dispute I was suspended on Friday and awaiting a decision if I can go back do I get paid for this thank you
JA: Have you discussed the suspension with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No you cannot get hold of any of these people
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

What is your specific query in relation to this please? and how long had you worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have worked for the company for 9 months
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

OK thanks, ***** ***** is your specific query please?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have been suspended over a dispute should I be paid
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. Apologies for the delay in replying, the site has been down for most of the day.

Going back to your query, suspension would usually be paid, unless you have a contract which says that a period of suspension would not be paid. The other possibility is if you have no guaranteed hours and effectively work on a zero hours arrangement, in which case the employer can simply argue that they have decided to give you no hours during the suspension and you won’t get paid for that time.

However, if you did have agreed or guaranteed hours, you should still get paid for these whilst you are suspended.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hello, following my main response above, I just wanted to check that everything was clear. If you have any further queries about this issue, you can reply to me at any time on this portal and I will be happy to help. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I trust that everything has now been resolved to your satisfaction and your original question has been dealt with. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I cancelled my subscription and you have taken 50.00 from my bank I am suspended from work and not being paid so cannot afford this please refund asap
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am just an independent user on this site, in the same way as you are, which means that unfortunately I have no involvement in the billing side of things. If you need to query anything to do with billing, charges or membership, you may be able to take certain actions by going to your account on this site. Alternatively, please contact the site’s customer service team directly. You can find their contact details by following this link:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Hopefully, they will resolve any issues you have to your satisfaction.