Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I'm looking for a lawyer that could help me write some T&Cs

Customer Question

Hello, I'm looking for a lawyer that could help me write some T&Cs for a raffle that the company is going to promote.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Company is based in the UK, the raffle is global The client will be redirected to a raffle page to buy the tickets. We won't sell the tickets
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have chosen the raffle page, and linked it to ours. We just want to make sure that we inform the client that we are not resposible for the third-party site.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We would like to have a call with the lawyer if possible
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello, yes we need to speak to an expert really soon please.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 8 days ago.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 8 days ago.

There are plenty of online legal databases such as Simply-Docs and Rocket Lawyer where non-lawyers can download free legal documents, such as Terms and Conditions, Sale and Supply Contracts and Privacy and Cookies Policies, for a reasonable subscription price.

However, non-lawyers drafting their own legal contracts and policies (even if they are based on cogent, reliable precedents) is often a recipe for disaster as the documents will contain legal terminology that laypersons do not understand.

As a result, there has been a spike in Probate and Commercial Contracts Litigation in recent years due to “homemade” Wills and Contracts that were drafted by laypersons who did not appreciate or understand some of the legal terminology.   This has led to confusion, uncertainty and dispute and has cost them thousands more in legal fees fighting a former business partner who has taken issue with what the parties thought was agreed at the time.

As your Commercial Contracts Solicitor instructed under a formal solicitor-client retainer with my main “virtual” law firm, I can provide a much more thorough and bespoke document-drafting service beyond that which I can provide on Just Answer (which is very often “pointing customers in the right direction” for the purposes of obtaining further legal advice) and draft you a set of contracts and policies which are robust, effective and protect your commercial and legal interests as far as the law permits.

Better to spend a few hundred or even thousand pounds on solicitors’ fees at the outset of a deal and get it right from Day 1 rather than risking losing many thousands more in damages and legal costs if things go wrong at a later date.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 8 days ago.

I will discuss my fees with my main virtual law firm on the call.   Under my Just Answer Expert Agreement, I cannot provide Customers any direct contact details or information about my law firm’s charges unless they accept a Premium Serivce.

If you choose to instruct me directly through my law firm, this will be a different contract from yours with Just Answer.   I will open a new client-matter for you with my firm and send you retainer documentation in the form of a Client Care Letter and Terms of Engagement.

I will place an offer of a Premium Service Phone Call Request through on the Portal.  If you do not want this additional service, I wish you all the very best in resolving this matter and of course for safely navigating the current “choppy waters” in which we all find ourselves.

LawyerEd