How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 142
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

As a charity ask for donations and give alcoholic drinks

Customer Question

As a charity ask for donations and give alcoholic drinks away for free.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Yorkshire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Applied for a tens, but been told the application has been received to late. They need five working days.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Or can we sell food items and give the alcoholic drinks away for free this way. Our gig is this Saturday.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help this evening.

You can give away alcohol for free at most events, but it must be clear that this is not included in any ticket or entrance fee, and is not a way of trying to encourage people to buy something. You need a Club Premises Certificate if you want to give alcohol away on the premises of a members’ club. If you are not sure whether you need a license, contact the your local council and Licensing Team for advice.

They will be able to give location specific advice as opposed to the general guidance we can provide.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with this evening?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

No problem. Thanks for your enquiry.