MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

As a charity ask for donations and give alcoholic drinks

Customer Question

As a charity ask for donations and give alcoholic drinks away for free.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: West Yorkshire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Applied for a tens, but been told the application has been received to late. They need five working days.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Or can we sell food items and give the alcoholic drinks away for free this way. Our gig is this Saturday.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Okay.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I am happy to help this evening.

You can give away alcohol for free at most events, but it must be clear that this is not included in any ticket or entrance fee, and is not a way of trying to encourage people to buy something. You need a Club Premises Certificate if you want to give alcohol away on the premises of a members’ club. If you are not sure whether you need a license, contact the your local council and Licensing Team for advice.

They will be able to give location specific advice as opposed to the general guidance we can provide.

Is there anything else I can help with this evening?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

No problem. Thanks for your enquiry.