12826847

Can i plead guilty to a harassment charge at magistrates

Customer Question

hi can i plead guilty to a harassment charge at magistrates court without appearing
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: warwickshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none, i expect to be charged this coming Monday
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no not really. I am on Police Bail but I live in Spain and want to go home
Expert:  Jo C. replied 14 days ago.

Hello.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is that the answer! Hello
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No I can’t afford another 44 pounds just answer yes or no! Can I plead guilty by post is is just another scam!
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

No, you can't. You will be a on requisition rather than single justice notice procedure. You need to attend I'm afraid. I don't know if they would move the date if you have a pre booked holiday.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

To be honest, that depends upon how long you have before the date.

If this has been left until the last minute, probably not.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I haven’t been charged with anything yet and I have to answer Bail at the Police Station this coming Monday and if I am charged with anything probably Harassment then I need to go back to my Home in Spain so therefore need to have it dealt with without me coming all the way back, just wondering if I can deal with it without appearing!.Thank you
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

No I am afraid not but I am not sure that anybody would seek European arrest warrant to recover you