12826847

My son had a criminal charge not proven when he was 16 and

Customer Question

Hi my son had a criminal charge not proven when he was 16 and his files were sealed. A court employee (admin) has opened his file and disclosed the information to his girlfriend what should he do this puts him at risk
JA: Have you spoken to an attorney about this?
Customer: He hasn't yet he has reported to police and is waiting to speak to them on Thursday but I don't know if he needs a lawyer too
JA: What other steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just reported to police so far
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so It was a very serious charge which could jepordise his new job
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 18 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Whether or not they are entitled to do this depends on the circumstances; Claire's law, if she has made bad character applications in the course of her independent defence, if she is deemed unsafe.

You will need to respond really for me to give a fuller answer.