MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I paid for help with my new business with UK start ups. They

Customer Question

I paid for help with my new business with UK start ups. They didn't help me at all. Everything they suggested to do failed and I made my business on my own. They won't give me my £250 back, they wasted my time and took my money
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No lawyer uk kent England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I tried the financial ombudsman. But its too low a payment for them to be interested
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I tried to get my money back several times, but the ignored my requests saying its too late. But my argument was I didn't receive a service
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you fr contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. What service was the company engaged to carry out? Have you raised a formal complaint?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
they are UK start ups and they took £250 of my money and didn't give a good service at all
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No call necassary
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This was through the gitizens advice bureau?? They directed me to you and said you could help, not find other ways to charge me

Did you receive a response to your complaint?

The offer of a call is automatically generated by the system, you are free to reject the call if you wish.

If you have received a response to the complaint and this does not resolve your concerns, ask to appeal the decision and speak to a senior member of the team.

Explain why you do not believe the response to the complaint was adequate, and confirm what you are seeking whether this is a partial/full refund.

If you are seeking a refund, explain why the refund is necessary, for example if the service was not what was promised or the service was inadequate.

if you do not receive an adequate response to the appeal letter, usually 14-21 days then I would escalate the matter, as the financial ombudsman cannot assist further you could try using: https://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/dispute

If you have nay further questions please do not hesitate to contact us going forwards.