How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 651
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

I am in Victoria pimlico need advice,I am a French citizen

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is*****: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Victoria pimlico need advice,I am a French citizen living in the UK for 10 years.i am a live in carer.the DBS ask me to send them my real name ,I never changed name.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I send them my name's as it is In my birth certificate
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was born in France,I came in 2000 with my husband a white man and we had 1 child at the time.i live in Cameroon from the 1 years to 2000. I never changed name.i just have my husband name.then I changed to my family name .is that a crime
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The name I have was my husband and it was BRIAT.i changed to my birth name Assiga

Good afternoon, thank you fr contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. To clarify you question is whether you can change your name?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Hiya I have issues with the DBS.the refused my name because they don t believe it is me.the ask for more prove of my name.but since I born I never changed name.

Thank you for the confirmation, have the DBS confirmed what evidence they require?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

No they just want all my names and when I have changed them.i never changed my name.

I would advise that you contact and ask them to confirm what evidence they require you should also provide as much evidence of your name such as utility bills, council tax, bank statements. You may also need to provide a declarationn of truth confirming that your name has remained the same and you have not changed this.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Hiya where can I have this document to confirm that my name never changed please.

A solicitor can draw this up for you, however before doing so I would advise that you contact DBS to confirm that they will accept this.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Hi I will call them tomorrow.thank you

Glad to be off assistance, we wish you all the best going forwards.

MatthewM1117 and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you