UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

If you are promised a inheritance by the executor and then

Customer Question

If you are promised a inheritance by the executor and then they change their mind and keep it all ... do you have any rights
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in essex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been told I have none and the executor has now sent the police to me to keep me away from then and give no reason even though my sibling has been given there share
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was promised a £ 70.000 share on a hand shake but now nothing
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 16 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

Were you left the money in a Will?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No but mum kept saying she had left it to be shared between the 3 of us my brother took over her monitory affairs when my dad died and took over her bank accounts he was also being paid as her full time carer her will disappeared when she died and my brother in acted my dad's will which cut my older brother and myself out there was a notice asking if anyone had claim to her estate but I was not informed or saw any notice when I did find out and sent in my documentation it's was returned to the address I lived at 40yrs ago and I was excluded
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 15 days ago.

You may get a solicitor to write to your brother and ask for the £70,000 that was promised to you failing which you may take court proceedings against him.

I am afraid if he still refuses to pay, you would need to go to court and see if you succeed there.

May I help further?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.

I trust that my response was useful.

All the best