How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2139
Experience:  10 years legal experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
John is online now

I’ve being trying to speak to someone all day. I’ve gone

Customer Question

Hi I’ve being trying to speak to someone all day. I’ve gone through this process paid my 5£ then when it tries to connect it tells me there is an error with your server. Any suggestions
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: staffordshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: ive just said I’ve gone through all this with you earlier, you redirected me to pay my 5£ then I get an error message saying there is a problem with your server
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I ordered a conservatory in April and to date it’s still not complete. I have paid my money and we are waiting still on glass. I am sending text messages and leaving voicemails but when I eventually speak to someone they say they haven’t had the glass delivered. What should I do as I have a conservatory which isn’t fit for purpose. I do owe the company 375£ which I refused to pay this because they removed an outside tap without my consent so I asked them to refit which they have now done, but whilst I have glass missing I do not intend to pay this outstanding money until this is resolved.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
To add also, the box gutter covering has collapsed inside the conservatory which I also have reported. No one responded so I contacted the fitter direct who said it’s the wrong cover but that was what was provided so when it gets hot will collapse so now we are unable to use our original patio doors properly because of this which is our only way out into the back garden other than walking around the block to get to the gate.When I eventually spoke to the company who are Anglo conservatories they said it would get sorted but to date no one has been out.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  John replied 18 days ago.

Hello, how are you? Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Please note there may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can.  I may also need to ask you some clarifying questions to determine the legal position.

Expert:  John replied 18 days ago.

Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

Section 52 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 requires a Service to be performed within a reasonable time and Section 49 requires a service to be performed with reasonable care and skill. If you believe this has not been done, you are within your rights to withhold payment until the service is performed accordingly.

If not you can take them to court, what you need to do is write them a formal “Letter Before Action”. In this letter you will need to state the amount you are seeking to recover and the reasons why. You will also need to give them a deadline to raise the payment by, usually it is 14 days in which to receive payment.

If payment is not received within 14 days, then you will need to issue a claim against them in the small claims court. You can do this by visiting this site

Or you can do it by post by using form N1 which you can find here and posting it to:

County Court Money Claims Centre

PO Box 527


Greater Manchester

M5 0BY

Expert:  John replied 18 days ago.

I hope this helps. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help.

Expert:  John replied 18 days ago.

Hello, just following up on this to ensure you're satisfied with what you need to do. Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions. I am happy to help. All the best, John

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for this advice. This is most helpful.
Expert:  John replied 18 days ago.

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.