MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

Is free? Yes I've seen that, it says £5 one off payment but

Customer Question

Hi is free?
JA: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit. Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: Yes I've seen that, it says £5 one off payment but then says I have to pay £50pm sorely that's not right?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've spoken to someone on her that put on one to the next page, which said what I have just put
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have a no win no fee, and have been told from the start that they take 30%, but I've has an offer, and they are now trying to say that they are taking I think it's about 80% as they are saying I have to pay there hole bill?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have a no win no fee case and was told that they take 30% , they called me yesterday and said that the other side have made an offer, they say the offer includs my solicitors fee, so out of what they are offering I'm probably only getting, 10% of it. Is this right
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Have the solicitors confirmed how the offer works under the NWNF agreeemnt?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What's that?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't have £44 to be able to talk to you over the phone

The offer of a call is automatically generated, you are free to reject the offer if you wish.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did, but now what can I do?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

In practice with a no win no fee arrangement if you reach a settlement the solicitors would take the success fee out of the settlement offered.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What is that?

I am sorry I am unsure which part you do not understand?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is that the 30% that they said they world take at the beginning? So the offer is £67000. And they are saying I will get £9000

Yes so the 30% would be the success fee, I would go back to the solicitors and ask why you would only receive £9,000, as this is much more than the 30% previously agreed.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
They are trying to say that there legal cast is over £100.000 and they are taking a massive cut, just so I can have any money at all, this is nearly 5 years down the line now, and they are saying they have incurred alot of costs. But I just don't get how they can change the terms right at the end. They are saying that I have to except it by Friday or the experts cost will have to come out of it as well?

Thank you for the confirmation, I would ask the solicitors to provide confirmation of why you are responsible for the costs of the legal case if you agreed to a no win no fee arrangement. I f they have changed their terms without informing you I would advise that you raise a formal complaint.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have just sent an email now asking for my original agreement, along with the hole of the email that was sent to them with this offer, and have told them I am seeking legal advice, as I don't understand how or why things have changed.

Yes that is the correct steps, once you have reviewed this I would arrange a call with your solicitor to go over the agreement. If the agreement has changed I would inform the solicitor that you intend to make a formal complaint.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you.

Happy to help, we wish you all the best going forwards.