Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I had a serious retinal detachment that involved the macula.

Customer Question

Hello. I had a serious retinal detachment that involved the macula. The detachment was detected on a Friday, but, as at the time I waswithout insurance, I was told that the operation would not be performed until Sunday - a lengthy duration for an operation usually expected to be performed within 24 hours.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am sorry I pressed send by mistake. I have limited vision in one of the eye only.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My complaint begins with the head of the the eye department: Miss Hickey Dwyer. Expected to be the first performed that morning, I somehow ended to go last - one o’clock Monday morning. I changed to Dr. David Kent’s surgery after a serious of dubious incidences dissolved all trust. Succinctly, Dr Kent wen on Sabbatical not long after assuring me, two months ago, his full attention in the case of any changes. Consequently, I was at Hickey’s once more. Again, it was her unilateral decision to move my operation to the back of the the day’s waiting list, despite my insurance, age, severe vision loss in my right eye, and the macula already separating tsince that morning. The decision was only reversed when my consultant psychiatrist was able to eventually get through to her and explain the health risks on top of the implicit permanent vision loss. Today I was scheduled for check-up and had a trainee without supervision examine my eye even though the lady that eventually performed my surgery was in the same hall, and was heard calling my name as is the practice there. It is standard practices to dilate the eye twenty minutes before examination, if the examinar is meant to assess the condition of the eye, essentially after surgery. Without explanation, he returned very soon with a reluctant Miss Hickey who gave her brief approval, again, without mentioning that no drops were applied. I am not by nature suspicious, but the above experience has made me doubt that the my records will support my experience. Therefore, if you do think that I have a case, could you first setup a potential test to support my above claim. The only scenario whereby a nurse would withhold the drops would never be made without the consultant’s consent. I am sorry for the confused letter, but I will unlikely recover any sight in my right eye, whereas the left is blind in the outer periphery, will there is little colour.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can’t also fathom why she felt compelled to close surgery so early when there was one patient left, and then reopen surgery if there was a emergency in progress
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 17 days ago.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 16 days ago.

Hello.   I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

However, if you do not want a phone call, please cancel the offer for a Premium Service Phone Call and you will not be charged extra.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 16 days ago.

You may have a claim for clinical negligence against the defendant NHS health authority for which their Insurers will be “on risk” and pay any damages and costs settlement or court award in your favour.

You should instruct a firm of specialist claimant personal injury solicitors who will be able to act for you on a Conditional Fee Agreement Basis (“CFA”) (“No-Win, No-Fee”) whereby you will not have to pay your own legal costs if you lose the claim, but if you are successful, the defendant’s insurers will pay your legal costs as well as your damages.

Your solicitors will be able to take you through the claims process, arrange expert medical examinations and other investigative and rehabilitation treatment on your behalf and argue for the highest damages settlement from the defendant based on your injuries and other financial losses, such as loss of employment earnings as a result of you being off work.

You have three years to issue court proceedings from the date of the accident or the date you knew or reasonably ought to have known that you had sustained an actionable injury as a result of the defendant’s conduct.   Therefore, if you are going to bring a claim, I recommend that you act as soon as possible by instructing claimant personal injury solicitors.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 16 days ago.

I hope this resolves your enquiry.   Please revert to me if you require any clarification of my answer to your question and I shall be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd