12826847

I need some advice regarding an assault happened today at my

Customer Question

hello there i need some advice regarding an assault happened today at my workplace
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i'm in england, in torbay
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing i just went home and left the workplace as i was phisically assaulted
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: unfortunately the person the assaulted me is my employer and the reason why i did not report him to the police yet is because i'm scared to loose my job and my flat as he is also my landlord
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Are you asking about the criminal situation or the employment?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Both
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Advice to me what to do
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Shall i just wait and see if tomorrow he apologise and does not take any further action towards me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

I don't know anything about employment but I can tell you about the criminal matter. Although you don't really seem to be asking about either. You really seem to be asking about what to do. The short answer is that that is a matter for you. You either report it or you don't. That is a choice only you can make really

Expert:  Jo C. replied 13 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.