JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

My girlfriend of 10 years call the police on me, She told

Customer Question

My girlfriend of 10 years call the police on me
JA: Where is your girlfriend? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: She told them I had her on house arrest for 4 days
JA: What steps has your girlfriend taken so far?
Customer: We haven't spoken since
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The police told me we should stay away from each other
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The police told us not to be in the same area and, she came to drop the kids off and she wasn't not allowed to. She needed a party to do so
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
She also trying to use the kids as a weapon against me
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 18 days ago.
Good morning and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and children's matters. Please would you confirm if you are seeing advice about seeing the children again? Thanks, J
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for the reply. I would normally suggest going to mediation to try and reach agreement on how often the children spend with you but I can't imagine your ex-girlfriend would attend given the circumstances. You'll have to consider making an application to court for a Child Arrangements Order. The court will ask an organisation known as CAFCASS (Children and Families Court Advisory Service) to carry our safeguarding checks initially to ensure the safety of the children during contact. They may also be asked to prepare a more in-depth report following the first court hearing with recommendations on how often the children spend time with you.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 15 days ago.
Good evening. I note that I haven't heard from you for a couple of days so I'll assume you were happy with my answers to your question. If you need any further help, please let me know. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer. Kind regards, J