UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have an issue with an tradesperson ( plumber) that done

Customer Question

HelloI have an issue with an tradesperson ( plumber) that done our bathroom , removed old one and put a new one back on , since then having issue after issues is ongoing for 6 months now leaks , broken tiles due poor floor preparation etc , i requested him to return and repair his poor workmanship and he did twice , now refusing to do it , i send him a letter requesting payment of the damage caused tro my property around £ 750 plus for him to repair the cracked floor tiles and they were done porr quality .The price of the repairs is £750 plus him repair the floor tiles and make a good job
is worth it take him to SCC over this? or i will be trowing money away , he supossudly closed his comapany but still asnwers his emails with company name
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

You may file a claim if you wish to against him in his personal name and in the name of his company.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
While making the claim should i request the court costs aswell? should i give a quote to make the bathroom functional if he does not want to carry the work ? And if the was made to pay me what is own to me who will collect the money the court or myself , bailifs?

Yes, the court filing fee will be added to the claim amount.

If you obtain judgement and he still fails to pay, you will have to apply for enforcement of the judgement, which could include bailiffs.

Before you do file the court claim, you should give him the chance to pay for making the bathroom functional and give him at least 14 days to pay.

All the best