MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I believe that I am treated unfair at workplace. As

Customer Question

Hello, I believe that I am treated unfair at workplace. As warehouse operative doing variation of things I asked my area coordinator if I can change to different job due to having back pain after couple of hour. I'ts been refused and they tryied to send me home stating my life is at danger.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Corby, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: There was meeting with area coordinator and nothing changed, very next day I've put at same job despite I explained why I would like to do other job that are available
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There is another meeting to come but I need support and I need to know my rights before hand
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 20 days ago.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, have you raised this issue with the employer?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello Matthiew, I did with area leader and person above but no luck as they both seems to be close friends in and outside work. All other employees from my department working where they were just myself been put on something different
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for the confirmation, how long have you worked for the company?

Is the unfair treatment solely in relation due to the workload causing back pain or are there other incidents?

Have you obtained medical reports and provided these to the employer?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Im with this company from June 2020 via agency them from March this year directly.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I believe that there is unfair treatment to myself not only because work is causing pain. I've been trained to admin job to cover and suddenly there is another person in training to do this, I've been refuse 1 day holiday that I needed to attend important appoitment with reason "too many people off" where nobody was on holiday on that day
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No medical reports obtained yet. I tried to sort this out in polite way gently asking that this type of activity causing pain to my back
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I cannot afford phone call, does it mean I will not get any futher advice?

The offer of a call is automatically generated, you are free to reject this if you wish and I will be happy to provide a written response.

Thank you for the confirmation I would advise that you raise a formal grievance in relation to the treatment as it appears that you have explored the informal routes without success.

The following link should assist you in raising a grievance: https://www.acas.org.uk/grievance-procedure-step-by-step/step-2-raising-a-formal-grievance

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I need more help with other topic please

I will be happy to assist you further, can you clarify what your question is?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Site manager call production manager for chat and said that due to upcoming changes in the company production manager role become redundant and gave 6 weeks notice. Very next morning on Indeed advert appear for exactly same position on same shift. Is this correct way, to clarify, there was no previous concerns or any converations that could indicate poor performance or other issues.

As you are engaged through an agency the company can refuse work and provide this work to other agencies, it is not necessarily a redundancy.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No its permanent contract since 23rd September 2019

Thank you for the confirmation, unfortunately you need two years service to be entitled to redundancy monies. In addition you would be unable to claim for unfair dismissal as there is also the minimum requirement to work two years before having the ability to bring a claim.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I stay there but not as manager, they offer me to stay on lower rate as team leader so my employement continue

Did your contract of employment state what your job position was?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I believe yes
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I didnt get any letter and my notice end on 17/09/21 then I'll be on team leader role

Can you attach a copy of the contract using the paperclip icon so that I can review this? There may be a flexibility clause contained within the contract whereby the employer may be allowed to change the job roles.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My manager advertised and appoint someone in my place for same position

Have you raised a grievance with your manager about this?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I didnt but I had conversation where I tried to find why he's doing it but I didnt get any reasonable answer. My manager keep saying that I have not enough skills for upcoming changes but he never offer me progression or anything.

Thank you for the confirmation, having a conversation with your manager may not amount to a formal grievance, therefore I would advise that the first step would be to raise a formal grievance using the link previosly provided.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I should direct the greviance to my manager or HR/his manager, please?

I would advise that yous end it to HR in the first instance.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you for your help Matthew

Glad to be off assistance, we wish you all the best going forwards.