How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3061
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I am makeing enquris for my newef he is paying rent to his

Customer Question

i am makeing enquris for my newef he is paying rent to his brother and the council says he is not entiled for any help
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: nottinghamshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i will have to ask him as he is blind in one eye and the other eye is all most the same i will try and get in though with him
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not as far as i know
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Hi there,

To be able to get housing benefits to help with paying the rent, your BF needs to have an Assured shorthold tenancy agreement with his brother. If your Bf is staying with his brother informally , ( without any formal written tenancy agreement) then council would not be able to help your BF with housing benefit.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.