Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a question for a lawyer, In UK, I want to ask about a

Customer Question

Hello, I have a question for a lawyer
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I want to ask about a notice, to be sent to my boss because he didn't pay my salary.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I worked for him for 4 months, and he didn't pay me or my brother a salary, and now we want to send him a notification that sounds like this: Hello Andy,
Hopefully this will be resolved amicably but I obviously need to protect myself in this matter and am formally informing you that if this is not resolved to my satisfaction then I will be taking court action.
Compounded interest of 8% will be levied on all late payments.
Regards,
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Your response is fine, however you can’t claim compound interest, it is simple interest pursuant to section*****act 1984.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok, I understand
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
after I send him this notice, how long should he answer me?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

14 days and then issue proceediings.

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok, thank you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Have a good day!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 18 days ago.

My pleasure