Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have made a bad experience with halalbooking and want to

Hello i have made a bad experience with halalbooking and want to get my money back. where I can find help?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i am living in switzerland but the company i had a reservation is in london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i just have complained at halalbooking but not more they deny to accept any responsibility
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no i just want to ask how much it will cost
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: ok

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

When did you make the booking and why do you want to cancel?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I booked 3 weeks hotel stays through this agency a month ago and got screwed.I can write about the deception later. I wanted to ask if you would take such cases and what would it cost approximately.I don't even know what compensation I want from the company. I am just very disappointed with this company.Kind regardsMr. Burhan Atam
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Booking date was in March 2021 and the stay in the hotel was in July 2021
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I've stayed in three hotels in Turkey and three times I was tricked and didn't get what was promised in the ad.

As a basic chat service, all I can do is provide you with a general answer; we do not take on cases as such. As you you have already paid for a written response, that is the part I will continue helping you with. Please tell me how much you want to claim back in total?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
1500 £

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

As we are just an online chat service, we cannot take any cases on for you or pursue this and all I can do is explain your legal rights and options.

When you buy a service from a business provider, you have the right to expect it to be as described and provided with reasonable care and skill. So whatever was advertised, you should have received. Small discrepancies can happen sometimes, but if the issues are major and clearly what you received bears little resemblance to what you were promised, you can accuse them of breach of contract and misrepresentation.

Whilst you can pursue the company for compensation, the main issue is that you are not based in the UK. You can start a claim using your local courts but then you have to transfer the claim to the UK for enforcement, Alternatively, you may have to approach a lawyer in the UK to pursue a claim through the UK courts.

As the value of the claim is likely to be below £10,000, it means that you will not be able to recover your legal costs from the company. So if you were to use a lawyer you will have to pay these fees personally and cannot ask for them back from the company. As lawyers are not cheap, that will significantly reduce any amount you may recover from this.

You can search for UK lawyers here:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/?Pro=False

Look for litigation lawyers as that is who you need for such type of claim.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you very much for this nice explanation
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i want to fight against this company. They have to learn to be honest to customer

It is of course your right to challenge them if you wanted to and you believe that you are willing to take this further

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How much it will cost to bring this company in front of a court?

That depends on how much you are claiming and whether you will want to pay for a lawyer.