MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
109551472

This question is for only very experienced UK lawyers who

Customer Question

This question is for only very experienced UK lawyers who know deeply about whatever field of law deprivation of assets is in exactly. Please only take it on if you're confident and can give good *estimations* of *likelihoods* of me getting trouble for something. I will be absolutely sure to give 5 stars as long as you are qualified to answer and are willing to make a rough estimation even though you don't know.Question: Will capital that I haven't cashed count as DoA? (I'm on benefits so cashing it out would, I'm quite confident, have simply meant the same amount came out of my benefits for the month anyway. Therefore, pointless to do so). I suspect it may have simply gone under the radar so far (in the event that it indeed does actually count as DoA to have left it in with the venture capital company, of course).PS: Do assume 100% that I won't 'go under the radar'. It won't, as I have to mention it if I go ahead with something in my life (which is why I need an answer so badly. I don't know whether to go ahead with this thing in my life. It's not like I can pretend this capital/money doesn't exist to the government. And I won't. There's a higher possibility I will just not go ahead with this thing I'm referring to. (The thing that requires information such as what all of my money/capital is).Go ahead and take the question for at least one more detail, and therefore a clearer overall question. I know it isn't really answerable, as it is. Don't worry.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
find someone please!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I fear my question and even how I wrote it could be intimidating and look stressful or confusing to some workers. Rest assured, that shouldn't be the case.
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 12 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the new expert can ask a question about my question without *taking on* my question if they want. I'll simply rate them 4 (as it's a neutral rating basically) if they still aren't clear they can answer after I've given them a clarifying answer to their question.
Expert:  MarianC replied 11 days ago.

Good morning thank you for your question. The phrase 'deprivatation of assets' refers to people giving away assets such as part of their home, to avoid these assets being used for care home fees, so in effect they are depriving the local authority of assets.

If you are on benefits and have not declared significant assets to the DWP then this is not the same thing, basically you are referring to possible benefit fraud which could result in a large overpayment of benefits that you would not have been entitled to and possible prosecution.

Marian

Expert:  MarianC replied 9 days ago.

Good morning please contact me again if you need further assistance.