Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

10 year terrorism notification order...what are my rights,

10 year terrorism notification order...what are my rights
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Seeking legal advice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Distribution of a terrorist publication without intent.... although our expert and I think the jury did not believe it was a terrorist publication...but the police claimed it was...and gave me two options....guilty with intent or guilty without intent
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I got the lesser charge guilty without intent rather than with intent...can the police harass me by using legislation to enter my home? This is very Islamophobic....I have a clean record.....this was first time I got into trouble and under a faked offence....the publication was not anything violent, nor calling to join any prescribed organization rather it was end time prophecy which discussed ISIS and how an era of peace will prevail after Imam Mahdi AS and Prophet Jesus AS are here

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The video was made by A9 Turkish satellite channel of Adnan Okhtar aka Harun Yahya....the police agreed he is not a terrorist.....
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi jo

Ok, so what is your question?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can the police use legislation to enter my home to have a look...for no reason at all as I have a clean record... everyone says good things about me
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I've got nothing to hide but I'm a libertarian
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I defend human rights
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
They want to speak to my family and look around my home or bedroom
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I was sentenced 2 and a half years and I'm not on licence now

They can if you are subject to a Notification Order. This is the whole point of an order.

This is about offence management. That will encourage upon human liberties to a degree but given the legitimate aim of atrocity prevention, it is compliant derogation.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hmmm... what rights do I have ?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I told them I have a solicitor
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Because under the notification order I just notify once a year of my details

Same rights as anybody else subject to an order. Many many in the UK. But they are reduced if you could serious crime.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
My alleged crime is relatively minor and does not remain on my criminal record DBS check
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm 3 years into my order and police officers have changed

All terrorism offences are serious crime.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
That's if I really committed a crime...they were just after me because in those days I used to be against the British monarchy and wanted UK to become a republic...so they found an excuse to charge me...with a faked offence
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Maybe I did wrong for using a solicitor given by police so they probably were working for the police
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I made no comment in the police interegation nor at court

No, the error was in committing the offence Im afraid. That is what led to this end. The solicitor was absolutely right.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The jury were good folks...they were on my side...just the judge and the prosecution we're bad and evil
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did not commit an offence...the police faked it all ....we had an expert white professor of Arabic and middle eastern studies who did not believe it was a terrorist publication but the judge and police did not allow us to say that in court infront of jury and also they didn't allow a option of not guilty at all
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Also the judge did not allow us to play the other video by harun yahya which explains the video I texted the link for (it was on his Facebook page so Facebook didn't believe it was a terrorist publication nor did YouTube)

Then you will need to discuss an appeal with your counsel. Although I doubt this had any relevance.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It's only an offence in UK so long as the police constable claims it is even if the rest of the civilsed world disagree
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It's not an offence in USA
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The police constable was not an expert as he admitted
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Our professor was he teaches PhD students

Im sorry but that is just wrong. The civilised world would not disagree as we are bound by the HRA, and anyway, the relevant jurisdiction is the UK.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can I still appeal it after all this time?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
To clear my name

Not if its outside 28 days.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok so that's a no
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I really loved British isles .....sad I may have to seek asylum in a Muslim majority country...to avoid all this nonsense....and complete my higher education
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Who says UK has the best human rights these days?....
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Malaysia is probably better for me
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Civilised and peaceful nation
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
you are saying a dumb police officer can just claim something without us defending our position in a court of law?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
A dumb judge can block our defense infront of jury
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
the option of not guilty at all is not given
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'm sorry in a civilised state....we are permitted to study end times prophecy without getting into trouble
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I study end times prophecy of all major world religions
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Where are you based...I guess in Europe or ireland?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
UK is not as civilised as neighbouring Netherlands for example
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am dissatisfied with your advice and will give negative review
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
You should be defending my position...I guess you are Islamophobic too
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I will end my subscription
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Any last comment?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
If there is a new solicitor I will give it a chance to continue my subscription
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
HELLO?
I am sorry you were not with happy with the answers so far.
I wonder whether you're OK with us trying to find another professional to assist you? If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you and issue a refund.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Please get me a better expert to answer my query
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Tetyana?

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

You cannot appeal the original conviction now I am afraid. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok... thanks....but what are my rights as a person on a 10 year notification order

It depends what you might mean rights for example you have a right to life, right to private and family life and so on. If you mean do your human rights prevent the police continuing to ensure you are complying with the order then no. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The only things the order says is to give my name's, addresses, emails, bank details, and details when I wish to travel abroad....I am not obliged to to and discuss anything with them....I can say "no comment", as far as I know unless they suspect me of anything with strong enough proof....they cannot enter my home and private space

Yes they can for example if they are given permission to enter, they can enter if they have suspicion an offence is being committed and they have a warrant, they can enter under the terms of the order. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They need a warrant, before they can enter my private premises, and seeing as I have such a good record there should not be granted a warrant...

You do not have a good record you have a criminal conviction for a terrorism offence. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That's not strong enough grounds to enter my private property, that faked "offence" was years ago and since then I have had a great record....the police have not had any issues with me.... therefore they have no right.to enter my private property...they cannot get a warrant

You say it is a faked offence, the fact is you have a criminal conviction whether you think it was faked or not. Beyond that the fact it was "years ago" hardly negates from the seriousness of the matter ultimately what it comes down to is the points I have made above, they can get a warrant, they can enter if they think you are breaching the terms of the order, they can enter if they are invited in. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
To be frank....it's not a serious "offence" and we do not believe it was an offence....the police and judge used loopholes in the law to force a conviction on me....the jury were on my side... thats why I got the lesser count of non intent...
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That's british justice system for you...far less civilised that many other countries
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If it's such a big offence then why did Facebook not filter the video from it's site and why did YouTube not filter it from their site? Its probably still there on YouTube

It does not matter whether or not you think it was an offence, it was an offence and you were convicted of it. I cannot speak for YouTube and Facebook except to say it is not possible for them to monitor all material on their sites and some of it may be material that constitutes a criminal offence. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thanks I will give you a better rating than the last

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney