james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am still at the age of 57 being abused (not sexually) by

Customer Question

I am still at the age of 57 being abused (not sexually) by my biological father he started once by beating me with a tennis racket when I was under the age of 6 and he has been insulting towards me since an adult (18 years old) I stopped living with him and he has been using me to invest as very small sum of £70,000 since I was 25 and trying to wealding some form of sick control over me.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am seriously frightened of him and he has a very volatile temperament.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: He is handicapped and he has had depression and he keeps insulting my well being when I dont even live with him by sending me abuse emails. I have tried to block them but they still keep coming through.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am unemployed at the moment so have had no proper salary since last April so please can you still help me to get some kind of junction to protect me from him? And his wife who has a problem with alcohol.
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
sorry to hear what is happening.

You have several options.

First, change your email address so that he can no longer contact you, that is the quickest and easiest thing to do.

Next, the legal route. There are both civil and criminal routes here
The criminal route would be to report what he is doing to the police as harassment. That is a criminal offence and the police can investigate and take action. You can either call the police on 101 or visit your local police station to report this.

Finally there is the civil route. You could apply to the court for a non molestation order. This is a type of injunction that would prohibit him from contacting or coming near you. If he breaches such order he can be arrested.

The order can be applied for on line using the following link.

https://www.gov.uk/injunction-domestic-violence

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.