Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Maria Kaye. I need help to make a new Will And LPA as I need

Customer Question

Maria Kaye. I need help to make a new Will And LPA as I need to change it. Thank. JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location. Customer: I live in XXXXXXXXXXXXx I have C.O.P.D. and still in Isolation, at Home for over 532 days. So I need help. Thanks. K. Kaye JA: What steps have you taken so far? Customer: All my Will's I have done by Premier Solicitors Bedford, but the prices that thy charge no is to high. Can you help me. M.kaye JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you. Customer: I have a FUNERAL PLAN CERTIFICATE .by Capital Live. I paid in fool.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist your with this today.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

Do you have beneficiaries?

and who will have the POA?

do you mean you have already paid for your funeral costs?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 days ago.

Firstly, just let me put you off doing a  codicil, a short form document which changes a will.

They were “invented” when people used to handwrite Wills, to avoid having to be written again.  There is no need in the modern world to do that and they cause more trouble than ever they sold.

In my practice we banned them years ago although we would charge the same to redraft the whole will as for the codicil.

So you cannot change the Will, but you can write a new one and you cannot change a Lasting Power of attorney, you have to cancel it under a new one.

If you Google Charity Free Will, many will do a free will for you in the hope that you will leave something to the charity and some as for a nominal contribution.  I think the lifeboats were doing it for GBP40.

With regard to the Lasting Power of Attorney is just a case of slogging through the paperwork because it’s not technical, there’s just a lot of writing names and addresses.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question.  I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have