How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5443
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

What is the crition for obtaining legal aid?,im a pensioner

This answer was rated:

What is the crition for obtaining legal aid?,im a pensioner still working.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: There wanting an arm and aleg befor you start
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Trying to contact you for advice no body answers the phone
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just want to know if i qualify

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

There is criminal and civil legal aid both have different criteria, so it would depend exactly what you require legal aid for. In civil law, legal aid is limited to certain areas of law, there is no blanket coverage for everything.

What do you  legal aid in relation to?

james bruce and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I watt to challenge a redtricton placed by parole board

This would fall under criminal legal aid prison law.

Not all criminal legal aid firms have a prison law legal aid contract and those who do are limited to parole board and tariff type cases and adjudication.Legal aid is no longer available for the large majority of prison matters as is used to be.

As the issue is parole board related then legal aid should be available.

You would need to find a firm with a prison law contract.

The link here will help you find a legal aid firm.

The following link will allow you to look for a legal aid law firm.

Enter a local post code, select the area of law, ie family, crime etc and a list of local firms will be displayed, then all you do is simply call one.

Also it may be easier to find a legal aid prison form if you check out the inside times paper, many prison law firms advertise here.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.