Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have been dealing with a company specialising in Escrow

I have been dealing with a company specialising in Escrow services - MGE Holdings Ltd. They claim to have ~27K of my funds which they say they will return to me after paying 10% up front. Can I ask them for an independent statement of the funds in the account (ie not just a line in their internal spreadsheets) that will give me confidence they actually have these funds and are not another scam company?? Many thanks in advance, Peter Cox
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Oxford, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have asked them to send guarantees and an invoice, checked them out on the companies house website.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been let down by a similar Escrow company who were trying to return a bond, charged me all sorts of upfront fees and then disappeared, so I am now rather wary. I need to know these guys are legit.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Did they contact you? Please also provide all the information you have for them, including website address, email and / or telephone number

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Ben. MGE Holdings Ltd www.mgeltd.co.uk 0207(###) ###-####. Nathan Archer is my contact. I was put in touch with them through the German Property Group who claim they are returning a bond for an investment I made with them in 2013 GPG are going into liquidation and say they are returning funds to original investors.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can we do this by text for now?

Thank you. Please note call requests are fulfilled in order, based on when they are requested; as soon as it is your turn, I will call you. Thank you for your patience.

Hi, here is the link to submit a report:

In order to report this, you should contact Action Fraud (The National Fraud and Cyber Crime Reporting Centre), by calling 0300(###) ###-####or online: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/reporting-fraud-and-cyber-crime