12826847

How do I find out who gave evidence in a trial, reading

Customer Question

How do I find out who gave evidence in a trial
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: reading magistrates
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. What type of trial was it and do you know what court the trial was at?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It was at Reading magistrates and it was a domestic violence trial
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I believe someone gave evidence and lied

Thank you for the confirmation, upon review this is outside the scope of my expertise therefore I will opt out to allow another expert to pick this up.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Are you the defendant please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No my daughter was the victim
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

In that case you can’t find that out unless, of course, CPS are willing to tell you. You were perfectly free to sit in court and listen to the evidence but that didn’t happen.

The magistrates court isn’t a court of record so there is no transcript, and the clerk’s notes are not available save for to the defendant or the Crown upon appeal which can only be brought by the defence.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.