MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

How do I appeal against PIP decision? I live in Abingdon

How do I appeal against PIP decision?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Abingdon (West Saint Helen Street)
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been waiting for a decision since 22nd May. I recieved it yesterday.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just recently my Dr. has run loads of tests. I have lost 45% of the feeling nerves from the waist down.
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, when did you receive the decision?In addition, was the latest medical information provided after or before the decision was made?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I recieved the latest information 4 weeks ago. With that they found shadows and scaring on my lungs. The Doctors have run a lot of tests on me. I am still waiting for all the results of those tests.
I wish to appeal the PIP decision as they turned me down. I cannot drink from a cup. Preparing food is very difficult with my essential tremor. Plus two heart attacks and pulmonary adema. Has not helped. Can you help me with my claim? I cannot paint or sign write any more. Nor can I write legibly by hand.

Thank you for the confirmation, you do not need a solicitor at this stage to assist you in your appeal, the benefits process is designed to be as user friendly as possible.

To start you should apply for a reconsideration is to use the CRMR1 mandatory reconsideration request form on GOV.UK, or write a letter to the DWP explaining why you disagree with the decision: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/challenge-a-decision-made-by-the-department-for-work-and-pensions-dwp

From practice, the best way to have a decision overturned is by giving specific reasons why you disagree with the decision. Provide any further, examples and medical evidence to support your claim.

On average over 50% of PIP decisions are overturned on mandatory reconsideration.