Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I am quitting my job, they sponsored my under a tier 4 visa

Customer Question

HI, I am quitting my job, they sponsored my under a tier 4 visa - my BRP is valid until november - can I leave and re enter the UK with this same BRP even after i quit my job?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: i live in the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: non, i dont have a lawyer contact
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Hi there,

Tier 4 is student visa and you can not use it to re-enter in the UK after your course is over and do not have any classes to attend in the UK.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

If you were on tier 2 visa and changed your employer then you need to apply again for skilled worker visa with the new employer's certificate of sponsorship.

When you leave a job, your sponsored employer notify the Home office that you are no longer their employee, and Home office curtails the current visa.

So, you should apply to re-new your visa and should not try to use your current visa for entering back into the UK.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

I trust this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi vineet
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have quit my job under a tier 2 working visa but they confirm they havent notified the government and i havent received a curtailment note from the government
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
my BRP is valid until november this year, can i leave and re enter the uk using that BRP in this case?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

I would advise you to not to take a chance and postpone the trip if possible.

You get 60 days from the curtailment notice to apply for a valid visa or to leave the UK.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

In normal circumstances you can re-enter the UK as long as your Leave is valid.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

If you have any follow-up question, please let me know

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
even if my BRP is still valid until november you will advise me not to try and re-enter the UK with this BRP because I quit my job right?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.

Exactly and update your visa first before making the trip.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 15 days ago.