MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
109551472

Can you change the name of a Trust e.g The J K L Blogs

Can you change the name of a Trust e.g The J K L Blogs Memorial Trust to The Blogs Memorial Trust
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: In the UK - does it require any legal work?
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Various names have been used on different documents - Bank Statements, Investments, - Trust is over 100 years old and I am trying to have consistency. Would Trustees need a resolution to be passed?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can't think of anything else

Good evening thank you for your question, yes you can change the name of the Trust and as you say using a Trustees' Resolution to put it in place.

Marian

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Would it matter if this varies from the original Trust Deed

No, that is what I thought you meant. If you look at Charities etc, they change their names all the time under their constitutions or resolutions.

Good evening do you need further assistance?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Dear MarianThank you for your response.I don’t require any further assistance at present.If I do, I will contact you again.RegardsZuher

Thank you, ***** ***** good weekend.