Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

We own a Cedar luxury Lodge. A guest arrived harrased after

We own a Cedar luxury Lodge.A guest arrived harrased after a long & difficult journey.( the first page of complaints was the issue with the Tesco delivery) Food had melted!Cleaners also arrived and checked hat the Lodge had been cleaned ( there had been a last minuet cancellation the week before) They followed the guest in  to allow the guest an opportunity to see things were ok.Guest was happy.They stayed 6 nights and then went to say that the place wax filthy and stains and toe nails were leftbon the bed as they stripped them.They want compensation for the photos they  took.: Dirty plug, fluff, stain on bed and Toe nail in bed.We the owners were only told 9 days after they had left.1. The cleaners say that the guest was happy at the start of the holiday.2. Why would the cleaners have left stain  fluff, debris  without removing items during change-over?3. How do we know this wasn't staged -"in order to get compensation?She is incandesant and what to take this further.The agent wants to give the guest our personal details so she can contact us directly. This is without our permission. What do we need to do r
To get this resolved

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Do you have anything in writing which confirms the guest were happy with the service when they first arrived or shortly after they left?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
9 days after they left
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No only verbally and we were then sent their comlaint 9 days after they had left
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you there?

Thanks for the further information.

Apologies for the delay.

It appears they may have a potential claim because they will rely on the photos and their complaints albeit it was provided 9 days late. 9 days is not fatal to the potential claim.

That said in order to defend the claim you will need to obtain statements from the employees who attended the guests. Hopefully the statements will reflect the fact the guests were content with the service provided.

Further if you have any cctv footage of the area that is subject to the complaints you should review to see whether the complaints are accurate.

You should check whether the pics taken by the guest were at the start or end of the stay. If at the end then you could argue this was due to their usage.

Once you have completed the investigation you can reach a view on whether to consider the claim.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe