How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4924
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Can I speak with a family solicitor please? si, ENGLAND,

Customer Question

Hi Can I speak with a family solicitor please?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: si, ENGLAND
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: NOTHING
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: family law
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

What is your question?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I am not available for phone calls, but can assure you that the response to your query can be answered online.
  2. The website will offer you a phone call - this is automated; if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is:(###) ###-####9374
  3. If you do want a phone call, you can request one and another expert will call you. This is separate to the online request which I will respond to.
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if you ask for detailed review of documents this will attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My husband has been arrested for domestic violence and he is released with bailed conditions, so he can not come back home for 28 days, I want to ask if he can apply for a prohibited steps order towards me, as he believes that I can take our child back at home (Bolivia) with me.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
how long the does it take this aplication to be approved?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

Yes he can apply for a PSO to prevent the child being taken out of the country by you. You need his consent for the child to leave the country, whether that is for a holiday or permanently. You cannot just leave as that would be considered child abduction and the child would be ordered to be returned.

If the father applies for a PSO to stop you leaving, it is likely he will get an order in place, without notice to you until it is served on you, within 24 hours.

You can apply for a specific issues order for permission to relocate if that is what you want to do. The father will be informed of this and will be able to object.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Before he applys to the courts for an order he must first contact a mediator and arrange for a mediation information and assessment meeting (MIAM)? or can he apply the order directly in this case?
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

That's not required for an urgent application.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My child's grandfather sent me an email with this text, please see below,“Good morning Diana,
You will appreciate that Sebastian hasn’t seen his Daddy since Monday. You both have parental responsibility for him and you seem to be denying Edward and Sebastian of their rights for contact to each other.
I will pick up Sebastian from Nursery this afternoon at 4pm and he will stay with his Daddy until Monday morning when he will be dropped off at Nursery from which you will collect him on Monday evening.
Sebastian can then remain with you until Thursday evening again at which time he will be collected from Nursery and remain with his Daddy until the following Monday morning when he will be dropped off at Nursery.
This arrangement for regular contact will continue until formal arrangements can be made.
If you have an alternative arrangement plan then please provide this by noon today otherwise I will assume the plan above has your full approval.
Granddad..My question too you is if can I refuse to see his father in these circumstances when he has bailed conditions for 28 days?I havent applied yet the "prohibited step order", we are in the process of doing it, but it has not been subbmited yet, and I am afraid he will take it and dont return my child to me, I dont trust him.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

Your new query should have been asked in a new thread, not this one. I will answer it here briefly for free. Please ask any further new questions in new threads.

The grandfather has no rights whatsoever and cannot dictate to you where the child will go or for how long. Tell the nursery that no one but you will collect the child.

Get on and apply for the specific issues order to relocate. You can apply for a PSO to prevent the father removing the child from your care or from anyone you place him with, e.g. nursery.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok, I understood but I would like to still taking to you I have further questions regarding the same topic, please let me know how I can still chating with you, if I do a new theread, would you still attending me? Can you also send me liin to create a new thread?
This is the other question: Can he take legal action against me if I denay all their sugguestions to see my child? and how I could answer this mail? I am not taking anymore my child to the nursery, so my child is at home with me
Many thanks
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

You can open new threads from your membership page (I cannot tell you exactly how as my interface is different to yours), but you will also be able to select me as your preferred expert so that your question comes to me - again there should be directions for how to do this on the page you post questions from. You can also put FORCustomerONLY in your subject heading.