How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8313
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I have a question ask, London, Not yet, is just about my

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question ask
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: is just about my housing issue
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good evening.

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, can you tell me more about what your issue is first though please?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi my name is***** issue I have is with the housing registration Tottenham London.I have applied for a house because I have a son with an autism and I share custody with the mother. But my problem I'm facing now I live in a single room in a share house. My son's condition is not good for him to live with me in the house and stay with me. So I asked the cancel to re-house me so my son can come stay with me . My sons school has sent them a letter regarding the situation of my son. I have forwarded all medical documents to the housing body but they are insisting that because my son is not living with me permanently but he spent two or 3 days with me every week. So my question is how can get place from the council because the housing band in which they place me is band C which I can never have place for my son.
Do I have a case to appeal against the decision of housing registration?
Thank you.

Do you have a court order setting out when you're son lives with you?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Me and My sons mother never been to court but she can testify that my son always come to stay with me. And I take him to school when I am not working on the weekdays. And the school also can testify on that.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.

I understand. It's perhaps worth asking whether a "shared care child arrangements order" would be proof enough. This would be a court order stating that you son lives with you for some of the week each week. If so, and your son's mother is in agreement about the time you have with him, you could potentially submit this to court as an agreement (consent order) for a judge to make this into a binding court order without too much delay.

Do you think you can check this with the council?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
There is no court order that can prove it but my son's mother can prove it and the school also because I take him to all the time he stays with me. Because I can't prove this that means the council can prove that place for my son?

I would genuinely ask if the type of court order I suggested above will make a difference. If so, it won't take long to arrange if you are agreed and this could be the key that unlocks the housing issue for you.

You could in the meantime ask the school to provide a letter in support, this may assist.

It's about proving through independent sources that what you say about having your son is true. You may not be surprised but lots of people claim their children live with them to get better accommodation or child benefit payments when in fact its a complete lie. So you have to expect to provide a certain level of proof.

I hope that this clarifies things for you?

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

plclegal and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter