Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

Student visa delay, singapore, i have called the hotline for

student visa delay
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: singapore
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: i have called the hotline for hours and sent numerous emails and nothing had happened
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my course is to start on the 20th and my flight it on the 17th
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, Welcome to JA

When was the application submitted?

Did you submit a copy of your flight ticket?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I went and did my biometrics on the 10th of August

I see you should get a response/decision really soon. The ECO will be aware of when the course is due to start on the Certificate of Studies - CoS.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
they then sent me an e-mail that I had to do a TB test but I have been living in singapore for the past 3 years and therefore didnt need to do a TB test
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
they told me that the application will be delayed which didnt make sense to me. i went and did the test regardless and sent the test within 3 days

TB Certificate is required for a Tier 4 Student visa. This is very likely the reason for the delay

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How long do you think it will be ?

A TB Certificate is valid for 6 months and they should also be aware of the course start date. By next week a decision should be made, otherwise you should attend the centre and send a email

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
okay thank you

Take care and thank you for using JA