How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8106
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I meed to start A negligence claim against a hairdressing

Customer Question

I meed to start A negligence claim against a hairdressing salon
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newbury
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My partner had her hair dyed 4 pr 5 years ago and they didn't patch test or strand test she then had an allergic reaction and we had to go to the doctors as her scalp was severely burnt she now has a phobia of hair dressers and her scalp is still not right 4 or 5 years later
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.


I am a solicitor.

Sorry to hear this. When did this occur exactly?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I cant find the actual date but around 5 years ago I javw only just found out that they were negligent
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm going to request her medical notes as proof
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, the time limit for bring a personal injury negligence claim is 3 years, so unfortunately, the claim would be time barred by law.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Even though I have just found out they were negligent
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 13 days ago.

The clock starts ticking when you discover the injury, so you may be okay in that case.

I would suggest that you instruct a personal injury law firm to take up the claim if you decide to go to court. I would recommend an APIL member firm

May I help further?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

I trust that my response was useful.

All the best