JeremyT1020
JeremyT1020,
Experience:  Expert
110498620

I need help to understand a question on the court directions

Customer Question

I need help to understand a question on the court directions letter
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Worcester UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We are at the FDR stage and need to file any requirements by the morning ready for FDR in 7 days Shall I show you the ? That I don't understand I am the respondant
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I just don't understand if I need to do anything or if it is just the applicant the question relates to
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The applicant is to file in court at least 7 days before the FDR a bundle of documents which also include. a) one schedule of assets, liabilities and income and on which any areas of disagreement are to be shown. The parties are warned that the judge may require parties at court to produce a single schedule of assets if they attend the FDR without having complied with this direction.
Does this mean I, the respondent need to send my own assets, liabilities and income information ?
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 13 days ago.
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and financial matters so I'd be happy to offer some guidance.It is up to the applicant to file a schedule of assets. They need to produce a document which may show differing figures (such as the valuation of the house). When I've prepared a schedule of assets in the past where there's been disagreement, I've marked the numbers (and totals) in different colours.You should send your schedule to the applicant's solicitors and get them to prepare the schedule for your reference before putting it in the bundle.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm the respondent and I have not received a schedule from the applicant. Should the applicant my ex wife send me a copy before submitting it to court as otherwise I'm not going to know what she's put in it
Good morning. Yes, she should. All if the disclosure should be upfront, full and frank. You would send your schedule (or, alternatively, highlight where there are disagreements in valuations) and the applicant's solicitor will prepare the "contested" schedule for the court.I trust that information helps. Kind regards, J
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 9 days ago.
Hello again. I note that you didn't respond to our chat from a couple of days ago so I assume you were happy with my answers. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. Kind regards, J