Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I had experience with a company who refused to give me a

I had experience with a company who refused to give me a refund fora service which was offered to me through error. So I have 200k followers and I uploaded a negative review They then quickly reversed there position and offered me a refund and sent me an agreement to sign. The agreement stated that I cannot make further posts or claims for compensation. Can I withdraw from that agreement so I can file in the small claims court for losses incurred due to them ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Did you formally agree to that agreement? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
formally agree ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
they just e mailed me an electronic document to sign
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
but at the point of signing I forgot to ask them for the loss (train fare and taxis) on top of the refund due for me

but you did ign and acceot it?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I signed it

Thank you very much for clarifying. By signing the agreement, you have entered into a legally binding contract with them and reneging on that now would likely place you in breach of contract. In these circumstances, the other party can hold you liable for any costs or losses incurred as a result of that breach. As the agreement specifically said that by accepting it you would not make a claim against them, your breach would mean that any losses or costs they incur as a result of such a claim can potentially be held against you can be made liable for them. Whilst there is nothing stopping you from tearing up the agreement and making a claim, the risks are that they make a counter-claim against you as a result of your breach of contract, so you need to consider whether that is a risk you are willing to take.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Great to know. Was a bit of inexperience on my part. I got my refund so I will be happy with that.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks for your help !!

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best