How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3446
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

When is the Property included in Death Duties? Mildenhall,

Customer Question

When is the Property included in Death Duties?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Mildenhall, Suffolk (UK)
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I've tried to get all financial assets, and valuation of property
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm seeing a solicitor tomorrow. I just wanted to be sure on this point.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today.   I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible.  I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for the question.  The property in question would make up part of the entire estate, it is the estate as a whole which is liable for inheritance tax.  The property requires to be valued at fair market value in terms of value for inheritance tax.  If the estate is required to be subjected to inheritance taxation then the solicitor dealing with it should take care of all of this for you.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  RJM Law replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome I wish you all the best.